Monday, January 18, 2010

Update...







I have not done a blog in a while so here is an update. Darin and I left Vegas on November 23rd. We stayed in Salt Lake city the first night. On the second day the heat in my car broke and it was really cold. We looked for a place to fix it on the way to Montana but that did not happen. We found a place in Bozeman Montana to fix it but it took them a few days so we stayed in Bozeman till November 28th. I really liked it in Bozeman it was a really cute town and everyone was really nice. We made it to Minot North Dakota on November 28th at 5:30pm. We could not find a house or apartment to rent so we lived in a hotel until December 23rd. We found a really cute house in Glenburn North Dakota to rent just in time for Christmas. On Christmas eve Darin and I picked up the new bed we bought. We hung out at home and watched the Nightmare Before Christmas. It was hard being away from my family for the first Christmas. There was a big snow storm and we were snowed in for a few days. It was pretty fun. I do miss Vegas weather, i miss not having to put on a jacket, boots, gloves, and a hat just to take out the trash. We are number 78 on the housing waiting list but hopefully it will go by fast and we will have a house on base my the end of March. Alot of our stuff is still packed and sitting in the spare room. The house is alot smaller then the house we had on Nellis AFB but I'm glad we are here. Darin is working alot and i have applied for a few jobs but I am not driving all the way to Minot for shitty pay. A few of our things came damaged so we had to file a claim and are waiting to hear back from the company. It was weird moving without my family but I will be going back to Vegas in June for my sisters high school graduation. Darin had to work on New Years so i spent the third year in a row alone. There is not much to do in North Dakota so i pretty much just hang out at home. I'm getting use to driving in the ice and snow but i still hate it. Here are some pictures of the drive and the house in Glenburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment