Saturday, February 9, 2013

i hope you love me

My grandfather recently passed away so my grandmother sent me things of my dad’s that he was holding on too. As many of you know my dad died in 1998. I really only have one thing that reminds me of him (a whistle he got me one time we were out with him). There have been tons of times I wish I could call him with good news. Form time to time when I look at Aidan I can see a bit of my dad. In the envelope of things was a note I wrote to my dad. I am not sure how old I was but it says “to dad, I love you so so much, I hope you love me so so much too” I cried instantly! In the moment when I wrote that note I must have felt as though my dad did not love me. I do not remember ever thinking he did not love me but I must have. I wish I knew why my dad kept that note and why my grandfather kept the note. I guess some questions will forever be unanswered. The only thing I know for sure is that Aidan will always know that mommy and daddy love him! There will never be a reason for him to think anything different.

No comments:

Post a Comment