Friday, June 21, 2013

3 years...

Three years ago today we lost our first baby. Weylin was with us for such a short time but had such a huge impact on our lives. It is hard to think about that day without crying. My heart broke that day and I never thought I would be happy again. I remember feeling so empty and lost. As the months went by the pain got easier to deal with. Even when we got pregnant with Holly I still felt the pain. I wish I could have seen Weylin and Holly grow up! As I watch Aidan grow day after day it makes my heart hurt for the children we lost. I will never “get over” it I will just learn to deal with it. I have to say that the pain is less when I look into Aidan’s eyes. He was meant to be our only living child. Weylin and Holly will always have a place in my heart and we will continue to talk about them. Aidan will always know how hard we worked to have him and how amazing it is that he is here. Our lives have been forever changed by the baby we never got to hold. Weylin and Holly have taught me to love Aidan more, enjoy every moment (bad and good), and most of all they taught me life is too short to care what other people think. I have stopped talking to friends and some family because they are negative people and I do not need negativity in my life. Aidan will grow up in a happy home with mommy and daddy. Darin and I both came from broken homes and we will not let that happen to Aidan! We worked too hard and waited so long for this amazing little baby. Weylin and Holly were amazing little babies while they were with us. Life would be so much different if Weylin had made it full term.

No comments:

Post a Comment