Monday, March 28, 2011

I missed my sisters wedding....


My sister got married yesterday and I am so sad I was not there! It is part of military life I guess. This is not the first thing I have missed and I am sure it will not be the last. I have given up alot to be a military wife and follow my husband where ever he goes. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining at all! I love my husband so much and I would do anything to be with him. Times like this just make me extra sad. I want to be there with my family on holidays and weddings. My husband can not get leave often and it is impossible to be at every holiday or big event for both our families. It sucks sometimes but if my husband is willing to give his life for this country then I can miss things. In the end being there is not all that matters. I would have loved to watch my sister get married but she knows I will always be her best friend! No matter what I am only a phone call away and I may not be able to hug her when she needs me too but I am still here! You will never know what it is like to be a military wife unless you are one. It is not the easiest thing in the world but my husband is so important to me I make it work. I would love if we could just go on vacation when ever we wants and visit family but it is just not like that. I wish everyone could understand that before they blame people for not being there often. I am so happy for my sister and brother-in-law! Here is a picture of them on their special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment