Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Money

With all the talk right now about the government shutting down and the military not getting paid on time I can not help but feel very lucky! No matter what we have money. Darin can go a few months with out a paycheck and we will still have money for all our bills and then some. My goal is to have the truck paid off by April 15th but I am pretty sure we can have it paid off by April 1st! It will be nice to own the truck a whole year and a half early. We could have owned it even sooner but back in the day I didn't think to pay extra on it. I am so glad we are debt free and never have to worry about where our next meal is coming from. We will be getting Darin's ticket to NC sometime this week as well (I just hope they don't take his leave away!) We are so lucky to have the things we do and I owe it all to my family! I have been taught from a young age that if I don't have cash for something then I don't need to buy it and it is because of that we are not in debt! I feel bad for the people freaking out about missing a paycheck but if more people put money into savings rather then buying a new tv or computer they would not have to worry. I love my husband so much and our lives may not be easy but we are very lucky to have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment