Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Infertility Awareness Week

It is Infertility Awareness Week (April 24th to April 30th) Infertility is a disease! people can not just relax and bam they are pregnant. Darin and I have struggled with infertility for years. We are infertile because I have PCOS, Darin is perfect and there is nothing wrong with him. We NEED fertility drugs to get pregnant no matter what! We have gotten pregnant twice so far using Clomid and as most of you know we have lost both those babies. Many times Infertility is a silent disease but I refuse to keep my mouth shut about it! God has nothing to do with getting me pregnant, it is not God's will, or in God's time. I use drugs that make me sick and emotional, I see a doctor often, and Darin and I go at it, God is in no way a part of anything that gets me pregnant. It does not make me feel better when you say "oh don't be sad your baby died because it is God's will" or "just relax it will happen" or "it is against God to use fertility drugs" I have to say that dealing with Infertilty and the loss of the babies has made me the person I am today, it has brought me and Darin closer as a couple and our love is so much stronger. I would never wish this pain on anyone but it would be nice if everyone understood what it was like so they would not say hurtful things. Infertility sucks and it sucks even more if no one talks about it! I didn't talk about it for a while and it made me feel all alone! Some people don't want to hear about it and that is fine but I will not suffer in silence because infertility is taboo. 1 in 8 couple suffer from infertility and many of them suffer in silence, to afraid to speak up, or ashamed. My hope is that one day infertility will be as talked about as breast cancer. Every disease should be talked about and NO ONE should feel alone!

***This is not towards any one person! If you have an issue with something I said or a question please feel free to email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment